Financial Reform Watch Webinar: Adapting to the New Normal - Download the Presentation
July 16, 2010
The Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 brings the most ambitious reform to the financial industry in 70 years. This legislation will affect everyone, from financiers working on Wall Street to publicly traded companies in all industries and to consumers on Main Street.
Click on the link to the right to download the presentation or click on the hyperlinks below to watch the video.
Our Blank Rome team addressed the overall provisions of the financial reform bill, including:
- Political Overview—the Evolution of the Financial Reform Legislation
- Executive Compensation and Shareholder Rights—New Rules for "Say-on-Pay" and Independent Compensation Committees
- New Rules for Banks and Derivatives—Capital Requirements, Bank Fees and "the Volcker Rule", Central Clearing and Trading, Increased Market Transparency, and Regulating Foreign Exchange Transactions
- Hedge Funds—SEC Registration, Providing Systemic Risk Data, and Expanded State Supervision
- Funeral Plans and Restructuring—Periodic Reporting for Rapid Shutdown and the Consequences of Non-compliance
- Questions and Answers
For more information, contact: