ERISA Litigation: The Bailout Bill, the Financial Crisis, and the Impact on Your Practice
October 23, 2008
J.C. Boggs will be a speaker for the video webcast “ERISA Litigation: The Bailout Bill, the Financial Crisis, and the Impact on Your Practice.” Sponsored by the American Law Institute of the American Bar Association, this webcast will be held October 23, 2008. It will be a panel discussion on how the recent turbulent economic climate and aging “baby boomer” population will affect ERISA litigation.
- Is ERISA a 1970s response to a 2008 world?
- Overview of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 and the current financial crisis
- Lawsuits under section 404
- Impact of the new accounting regulations on balance sheets
- Stock-drop cases
- Overinvestment in company stock by 401(k)s
- Lack of providing sufficient education to 401(k) participants
- The future of defined benefit plans
To register for this event, please contact Ruth Johnson by e-mail, email@example.com, or phone 800-253-6397 (reference course code CP617).